As a wedding guest, finding the perfect dress is just the beginning of the battle. Accessorising your dress is just as important, as it can make or break your entire look. Choosing the right accessories can take your outfit from ordinary to extraordinary, and add that special touch of glamour that every wedding guest wants to achieve. In this post, we will explore some tips and inspiration for accessorising your wedding guest dress, including suggestions for bridal jewellery, shoes, accessories and bags.
Jewellery is an essential element of any wedding guest outfit. The right jewellery can complement your dress and make you look stunning. Here are some tips for choosing the perfect jewellery to accessorise your wedding guest dress:
- Keep it simple: Don't overdo it with too much jewellery. A simple necklace or a pair of earrings can make a statement without being overwhelming.
- Match metals: If your dress has silver details, stick with silver jewellery. If it has gold details, opt for gold jewellery. Mixing metals can clash and make your outfit look disjointed.
- Consider the neckline: If your dress has a high neckline, opt for a pair of statement earrings instead of a necklace. If your dress has a V-neckline, a delicate pendant necklace can be a beautiful addition.
- Don't forget about bracelets and rings: If you're wearing a sleeveless dress, bracelets and rings can add some sparkle to your look. However, be mindful not to wear anything too distracting.
Hair Pins, Headbands, and Hair Combs
Your hair is another area that you can accessorise to complete your wedding guest outfit. Bridal hair pins, headbands and combs are a beautiful way to add some glamour to your hairstyle. Here are some tips for choosing the right bridal hair accessory:
- Match your dress: Choose a hair accessory that matches the style and colour of your dress. If your dress is romantic and flowy, opt for a delicate hairpin or headband. If your dress is more structured, a statement hair comb can be a beautiful addition.
- Consider your hairstyle: If you're wearing your hair in an updo, a hair comb or headband can be a beautiful addition. If you're wearing your hair down, a hairpin or a small headband can add some sparkle.
- Don't overdo it: Just like with jewellery, don't overdo it with too many hair accessories. Stick to one statement piece or a few smaller pieces to avoid looking too busy.
Accessories can also be a beautiful addition to your wedding guest outfit. Here are some suggestions for bridal accessories that can take your outfit to the next level:
- A clutch bag: A clutch bag is an essential accessory for any wedding guest outfit. Opt for a clutch that complements your dress and is big enough to hold your essentials.
- A scarf or wrap: If you're attending a winter wedding, a scarf or wrap can be a beautiful addition to your outfit. Choose a colour and fabric that complements your dress.
- A belt: If your dress is a little plain, a belt can add some definition to your waistline and create a more polished look.
Things to Consider
Finally, let's talk about some general wedding accessories that can complete your wedding guest outfit:
- Shoes: Your shoes are an essential part of your outfit. Opt for shoes that are comfortable and complement your dress. Neutral colours like beige or nude are always a safe choice.
- Hosiery: If you're wearing a dress that requires hosiery, choose a colour that matches your skin tone. Avoid patterns and stick to plain or sheer hosiery.
- Makeup: Your makeup should complement your outfit and enhance your natural beauty. Choose a look that is appropriate for the occasion, but also makes you feel confident and beautiful. If you're not confident in doing your own makeup, consider getting it done professionally.
- Perfume: A light spritz of perfume can add a finishing touch to your wedding guest outfit. Opt for a fragrance that complements your personality and matches the mood of the wedding.
In conclusion, accessorising your wedding guest dress is an important part of creating a complete look. Bridal jewellery, bridal hair pins, headbands and combs, bridal accessories, and wedding accessories can all add some glamour to your outfit and make you look stunning. However, it's important not to overdo it and to choose accessories that complement your dress and enhance your natural beauty. By following these tips and suggestions, you can create a wedding guest outfit that will turn heads and make you feel confident and beautiful.